Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Accidental NEAT-ure Walk!

Saturday (12/21)- The adventure never ends!

Days like this, I can see how people like Grenada. But that is because with me not working, and Ross not in school, and endless amounts of government loan money repay-able at 9% interest (joke), we can be tourists. 

I've been pretty crabby lately because I just want Rissa to be here! She left this morning, but won't be here until Sunday evening. The suspense is killing me! I think in an effort to distract me, and get out of the house, Ross and I headed to the tidepools here in Lance aux Epines. I've been there plenty of other times. I blogged about it twice before, here and here

It's one of my favorite places. There is always a breeze, and you are on a little peninsula so you are surrounded by ocean and crashing waves. And besides 800 used condoms, there is no one else ever out there. 
























It's no Leo Carillo, but maybe I like the spot because it reminds me of home. My family would always always go to the tidepools, field guide in hand, and climb around looking for animals and creatures in the rocks.
























Above is a different view, looking out towards Hog Island, that big greenish lump you see in the center-leftish. Beyond that I think is Secret Harbor and Calivingy.

As you can see, if gets a little windy out there! So of course Ross is a big fan of the place. 
























We just hung out and watch the huge waves crash on the rocks.

There was this little spot where the waves would wash into this crevice and create a kind of geyser. 


We noticed a ton of little crabs scurrying along the rocks. I don't think they thought it was as fun to watch the huge waves crash on the rocks have huge waves annihilate them. 




 Happy kid loves the sea! And probably the sea water mist on his face.


 The water was actually very clear today.
























The storm clouds and rain were coming and going, it couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or pour. I didn't mind, because we stayed relatively dry.
























When the clouds looked too much to take we took cover under a few trees, then eventually headed back home. Little did we know, we were in for a Neat-ure Walk!

Please watch one of my favorite videos on all of YouTube (and thanks to Ali and Cass for showing it to me)!


"Without a doubt, coming out into nature is one of the coolest things to do!"

"Oh! SCORE!" And iguana. Or as the locals say, an "iguanhur!"


These are for you daddy! My dad has been wanting a picture of an iguana since I told him there was one that lived at my old place. We would find him in the tree, or out sunbathing between the banana trees. 

This is Ross saying, 


I don't know why it looks so minuscule in that shot.

"That's pretty NEAT!" 

















After walking a little bit we saw this bird just bobbing on a bouy. Ross didn't think it was real.

"This is a pelican, you can tell it is a pelican from the way it is!"


That was the extent of the cool wildlife. I say that because, who knows how many other bugs and birds and neatness we passed by without even knowing it?! All I know is,

"Not too often do you get all this neatness in one location!" 

HAPPY TRAILS!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the excellent balance between getting the photo of the iguana and respecting its distance! Hooray for iguanas. Perhaps I will have to get a new pet today!

    ReplyDelete