Monday, December 23, 2013

Rained Out -Grand Anse Beach

Maybe it is just me (probably not) but I feel like this week is taking FOREVER to pass. I know I should be reveling in the holiday break and no work or school for Ross or I, but I cannot contain my excitement for my sister to arrive.

Wednesday Ross and I helped some friends move to their new place off campus. Thanks to some help from our friend Tammy, who brought her car, the whole process was pretty quick and painless. Afterwards Ross and I headed to Grand Anse beach to meet my awesome friend John. He is seriously such a cool guy. He's the kind of guy that just seeing him and saying hi makes your day awesome. His positive energy is contagious.

Looking out towards downtown, the weather did not look promising. And sure enough, by the time we got onto the beach. It started drizzling. We hid underneath a tree to try to stay dry, but as soon as the lovely wintertime breeze blew by I was freezing. Beach towel shawl to the rescue!

We waited for awhile then figured my friend wasn't coming, due to the weather, so we wandered over to a different spot on the beach and swam for a little bit. Then, we saw even more menacing clouds... and dried off and too shelter before all of this happened.

Dun.... dun....

















DUNNNN....!!!!




It started POURING rain and anyone who was on the beach went running. Ross and I rode the bus back to campus, but the bus to our neighborhood wasn't leaving for about an hour. The joys of holiday bus schedule. :( So we decided to wander to the the print labs to print some stuff. BUT... being SGU the two close print labs were either closed or all the printers weren't working. A print lab.. with no working printers. Lovely. In case any of you forgot, I love printing stuff at SGU.

So Ross and I moseyed over to the farthest stretches of campus to print. Aka. The Library.

As we were walking back down to the bus stop, I snapped this pic of the airport, which Rissa will be arriving at NEXT WEEK! I am so excited I can't even contain it.

















Closer....
















My name is Kristen Petersen, and I approve of Rissa flying in to this airport soon! And last but not least, a beautiful rainbow!


 Grenada may frustrate me, but I will hand it to the country, it has the most beautiful rainbows and sunsets I have ever seen in my entire life!


No comments:

Post a Comment