Friday, December 20, 2013

The Food Blogger, Kinda

Sometimes, in my dreams, I'm a famous food blogger. I have a pretty SLR camera and cute little dishes and placemats to photograph my food on. People pay me write about their products and some days I wake up to boxes of free stuff people have sent me just because I am famous.

Then I wake up and no one is  paying me to cook. My oven runs out of gas in the middle of dinner (which, lets be honest, was just chicken nuggets). Frozen chicken is out of stock again (was it in stock?) and I can't find milk chocolate chips to save my life (no literally, they save lives!).

And when I do photograph my food, it's in a poorly lit kitchen late at night, and it takes forever because I have to keep scooting dirty dishes and stained burners out of the way.

But for some reason I keep doing it. It's that damned Short Term Bucket List.

Today's poorly lit recipe blog post is brought to you by: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies



Like any good baking recipe, you'll dirty a few dishes.



But oh it will be worth it!



I didn't have enough red food coloring to get them up to par, but they still had a rich velvet taste. Highly recommend for Christmas parties too.



No comments:

Post a Comment