Tuesday, December 17, 2013

University Club (The Freedom Continues)

The second day of Freedom and it still isn't getting old. I mentioned in my previous post that grades were finally released today. I think that is when it really hit Ross that he was DONE. It feels so good to hear the students talking about "pharm" and "ICM" (two fifth term classes) and know that is US! I know that the next few months will fly by, and honestly, I am okay with that. I will miss the good things in Grenada, but at this point, the lows are so low that the good times just aren't worth it.

I digress. 

Last night I finally got around to making some refried beans. After spending a long and devastating year in Grenada without fresh refried beans, I packed down a few pounds of peruano beans in my luggage this time. Man, when those beans are made up, I did not regret a single ounce of that luggage space. Worth it!


Today I had to go to a meeting on campus for a research project I am working on next term. It was short and sweet and I got to see my really amazing friend John. He is one of those people who can just change your whole day for the better by seeing him. 

I came home after the meeting to see Ross frying up some fresh tortilla chips from scratch. He asked me if I was proud of him, knowing his way around Maseca like a pro. Pretty good considering when we first met he couldn't even fold a burrito. 

That afternoon Ross and I headed to the University Club, which, I guess I have never blogged about. It's a fancy place the school owns, where they put up visiting professors. They have a fancy restaurant, bar, pool, and a fakie creepy-sand beach. It's a fun place to go to relax and enjoy a picturesque Caribbean setting.
We swam for a little bit, and collected some shells. Ross convinced me to play bocce ball. Here he is, pretty proud of this round he won. 

It's great to be able to just hang out and do whatever we want whenever we want to do it. Definitely my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment