Saturday, December 21, 2013

Oreo Dipping Station

Ross is a really cool guy. I don't like to Facbook brag about him, because I don't want to be one of THOSE girls. In general, I think married people are pretty obnoxious.

One thing that Ross is great at is making little snacks or treats. It's an affinity we share. Even though the budget is tight, it is fun to see how we can be creative and share a delicious treat.

Tuesday night Ross brought in a baking sheet with what he coined as the "Oreo Dipping Station."






















It may sound a little silly, but here in Grenada Oreos are a bit of a delicacy. They are pretty expensive, but I'll let you in on a little Grenada Extreme Couponing secret I have.

I shop the clearance section at the stores, and I am always on the hunt for food that is close to expiration. I know it may sound nasty, but just because a food is a few days past the expiration date, doesn't mean it is suddenly poisonous. Haha.

I found these amazing oreos for only $8 EC (about $3USD), on clearance. And actually, they weren't even expired. My only regret is that I didn't buy them all. I don't remember Oreos being so amazing! Ross and I have been working on the same package for a few weeks now, only eating a couple at a time. Needless to say, we splurged for a 3 per/ person allowance for the Oreo Dipping Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment