Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Tuesday, December 31st, 2014

As I sit her reflecting on the time my sister Marissa has been here, it's kind of hard. We had so much fun while she was here and we did so many things! We really tried our best to jam pack our days, and we were pretty successful. Even the day she left bright and early we had to go do just one more thing.

But I am still so sad to see her go. It kind of hurts to see how great Grenada could be if I had a great friend like my sister here with me (sisters are pretty hard to beat). But on the flip side of that, I am grateful for an amazing sister who will sacrifice to come see me. And I am grateful for a sister that is so incredible, she is hard to say goodbye to.



I kept telling her that if they offer her an overbooked-flight voucher call me ASAP and I will be at that airport to let her stay here for however long she would like.


Since I had so many excited GIFs to describe the anticipation of her coming and her stay here, it would only be appropriate to throw in at least a few more. 

As we said our final goodbyes:


As Rissa walked through the airport doors:


As Ross and I are driving away from the airport, hoping she might have the chance to take a voucher and stay:



Me a 15 seconds later when I knew that wasn't going to happen and she was really leaving & gone. 



Until next summer Rissa Roo! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment