Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas/ Eve Storm

Although we all nestled in bed, eagerly awaiting Santa,

Photo compliments of my friend Katie!






















The world's most fantastic storm happened to stop by (I think after Santa dropped by thank goodness). 

I live on the top floor, and the tin roof (or whatever it's made of) magnifies the rain x 100. It's like the world's loudest rainstick. The rain woke some of us at first, but we were able to get back to sleep. It wasn't until the booming thunder and lightning show that we were all out of bed, eyes glued to the windows. 

It was the most incredible storm I have ever witnessed (not that I have much credence). I tried to take some video, here are my attempts.

This one captures some good lightning. But it just doesn't do it justice. It was like the lightning was playing tag, back and forth, back and forth. It would illuminate the entire sky.


This video has some good thunder, but again, it doesn't capture it all. It sounded like someone in the clouds was banging on timpani drums, not just one, but a whole sloppy symphony of them. 



It was truly incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment