Monday, December 9, 2013

Deck the Halls


Ross and I were totally on the ball with the decorations this year. It seemed like we waited forever to put them up. We were both just really excited. Luckily I didn't have to scrap up decorations like last year. All the lovely and beautiful DIY decorations I had saved from last year. Last year I made this lovely paper fireplace on the back of an anatomy poster.



I know, "upcycling" at its finest, Pinterest this folks.

Ross was kind of a hater though, and was always roastin' the fireplace (omg, see what I did there?!). He likes to make fun of my low-cost but (obviously) high quality crafts. BUT apparently it was just a front, because this year, guess who was excited to put up the fireplace.

ROSS. 

This. Boy. Unbelievable. 

We turned on some favorite Christmas music and started with setting up the tree. 

 

I'm a little heartbroken my collage app isn't working. Suggestions for a stable photo collage app for Windows 8 are more than welcome. ;) 

Turned out to be a good thing I bought some more lights, because our really cool multi-colored ones slowly bit the dust through the season. They had a good run.

It's a slow process, getting out the decorations and putting them up. I'm finally understanding why it took us weeks in the Widdison household to get up all those terrible elementary school cotton-ball-beard Santa and other weird disintegrating crafts on the walls. Sadly (fortunately), I don't have any of those, but I was still able to get the apartment decked out!


























Last year the apartment had a ton of large windows, so this year I had to get a little more creative with the window clings.

Ross was in charge of making the "Christmas Wall."


























Here is the Christmas Tree in the daylight. I used the back of a Greg Olsen calendar to make the little ornaments. :D There are also sand dollars strung up on the tree. The tree skirt is a "chicken scratch" project I'm in the middle of, but it works!


































It was really fun to have little tiny bits of Christmas all over the apartment; decals, garland, or just red and green paper chains. It definitely doesn't feel like Christmas outside, so I did my best to make it look like Christmas inside.

Look how adorable those two kids are!



No comments:

Post a Comment