Saturday, December 29, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like...

CHRISTMAS!!!

Which is good because... Christmas has now passed!

Before Christmas I tackled a lot of what I called "Christmas Dilemmas." I blogged about one such thing before. In a perfectly clever Kristen world I would have updated readers on them as I faced them with boldness and audacity but in the real Kristen world I will just sum them up in one fell swoop of a blog post.

Before Christmas:
I am so excited to spend Christmas in Grenada! I am not excited to be missing family for the holidays, and I am not excited to miss the cold and everything so perfectly Christmas, but this is my little home for the time being so I am excited to make this Holiday season my own! I am ready to have a great Christmas season.

I have been thinking about Christmas more than usual this year because I have been wracking my brain, trying to figure out how to make it feel like Christmas. Because so far, it certainly does not feel like the wintry holiday season I remember.

Here are some photos of crafts and decorating I have done to get into the Christmas spirit.

Here is the hallway! Our little Christmas tree I got a bargain on and drug in a trash bag on a reggage bus and walked through Lance aux Epines back to my apartment. Totally worth it. It has pretty cool multi -colored lights that have all sorts of fancy functions.

Ross and I made the fireplace out of an old Anatomy poster, constriction paper, and an old cereal box.

My friend Patty was nice enough to let me have some Christmas scrapbook paper that I creatively stuck on the wall for decorations. I am getting pretty sick of these dirty white walls so what a better way than to cover it all up!

And of course, you have to have the gratuitous red and green paper chain. It's one of those things from pre-school you just can't shake.

Ross got crafty and made this cute little wreath that he hung up on the door, complete with little bow.


















Here is a tiny Christmas garland I hung up in the kitchen.














Thanks to awesome parents, we got some awesome Christmas decorations. Specifically, cool window clings. And there are more scattered throughout the mirrors and windows in the bedroom. :)















When I was younger I loved painting sun catchers. You can imagine my glee when I saw these cute Christmas sun catchers. I thought it was a perfect way to capitalize on the bright Grenada sun for the holidays! Ross and I painted them together. My favorite is the reindeer.














And then, just for good measure, I threw some Christmas wrapping paper on the fridge. Haha. I'm tellin' ya, all this white every where is making me crazy. I guess the Caribbean is rubbing off on me. Next you know I will be painting my walls lime green and cabinets bright yellow!

















It is really nice to get some Christmas cheer up around the apartment. It helps make it feel more like Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment