Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Review in Pictures

It's New Year's Eve!
Or as they say in Grenada, "Old Year's Day!" I think that makes a lot more sense. :) To commemorate the close of the year I am summing up 2012 in 12 pictures! Which is convenient because I can do one per month.

January
Ross and I had successfully moved to California and one of our first trips of the New Year was the the L.A. Arboretum. Ross was in love with this crazy squirrel who loved Ross only for the pecans he had in his pocket. We wasted in time in feeding the fat little guy (the squirrel that is).

















February
My parents took us on a very impromptu trip to Yosemite on a three day weekend. It was both of our first times to the National Park. I like this picture because it is fun to imagine being anywhere close to that cold! I remember freezing my little canvas covered feet off. And of course, having a really great time hiking in the snow and exploring the incredible place that is Yosemite. I already want to go back.
















March
We went with my family again to the Huntington Library and Gardens. I had always wanted to go there, but it was always a little to pricey. I didn't even get to see the Japanese gardens because they were getting remodeled but I decided that when I grow up into an adult with a job I could live here.


April
Ross's parents and close family friends the Morris family can to California. We met up with them in Solvang and had a really fun time hanging out in Santa Barbara and San Simeon. Ross had always wanted to go to Hearst's Castle so it was awesome to be able to finally go. It was great to be able to see his family too.

















May
Ross and I braved the early summer heat and went to the nearby Devil's Punchbowl to hike around. We found a yucca stalk just a little bit taller and skinnier than him. The best part of the hike was getting drenched in the cool stream at the bottom of the Punchbowl.


















June
I have Ross's fantastical photography skills to thank for this picture! Which is great because as it turns out, I don't have many pictures from June. One fun project Ross and I took on was to try out planting sunflowers in the backyard. We weren't sure if it would work because my parents mentioned before that sunflowers hadn't been successful in our yard in the past. Sunflowers are my absolute favorite and I figured we only had a couple dollars worth of seeds to lose. Annnnd, I am happy to say they turned out spectacular! Some grew to probably 9 or 10 feet tall. In this picture you can see a bee that was lovin' the flowers!

















July
On the Fourth of July we had a really fun BBQ with the Lucas family. It was so much fun to hang out and set off fireworks while mostly watching all the really awesome illegal ones in the sky around us. The bottom right picture of the collage is Ross and I with my godson Asher on the Fourth. But I had to cheat and share the whole collage (made by Brigette). Because July is the perfect month to summer up all the fun Ross and I had spending with the Lucas family and awesome little Asher (who isn't so little anymore).
















August
By August Ross and I had already packed up and shipped out to move to Grenada so Ross could start medical school at St. George's University. Here is a picture of us at his White Coat Ceremony. Which you can read all about here.






















September
After Ross was done with his big Unified quiz he had we took advantage and headed downtown to explore. We got rained on but had a fun time. You can read about that here.

















October
Here is another rare moment where I got a picture with Ross. We checked out a new beach, La Sagesse on the south side of the island. It was a nice break and a fun beach. It is the perfect combo of the Pacific Ocean I grew up knowing and the Caribbean Ocean I now live in. I wrote but never posted a blog post about the trip so you don't have to worry about opening a link to read about that one. Haha.






















November
On my birthday I stole Ross away from crazy studying to have a picnic at the tidepools. It was so windy the candles wouldn't light. Not even when Ross downsized to one candle! Haha. It was still a perfectly awesome birthday. And because you care, you can read about how spoiled I was on my birthday here.






















December
Here we are, already at DECEMBER. Where did 2012 go? This is from a trip Ross and I took downtown to Fort George. It has great views and someday I will blog about it. Here is a rare photo taken by a stranger. I love it!

















What a great year it has been! So much change and adventuring and excitement. Who knows the next time I will have a year packed with so much anxiety and whirlwind changes? But I am looking forward to 2013 and hope that I can have optimism when faced with change and challenges.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone I hope your year has been great! 

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to read posts of people wrapping up 2012, but I like the way that you did yours! :) This is a great summary post!

    I'm glad that your reflection shows such greatness! I'm also happy to know you and become friends with you during 2012!

    ReplyDelete