Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012 Part I

December 24th, 2012 <-- It's Christmas Eve!!!

It has been raining a lot here in Grenada. That means I am stuck inside all day. There aren't as many indoor activities to do in this country, and the rain is so erratic that it is hard to plan around. This was my view this morning from my kitchen.














I am still all too used to dreary weather being associated with cold. Rain makes me want to stay inside and watch old movies curled up in a blanket my the fire, or heater. Lucky for me, the heater is automatic here! You can't ever turn it off, so I decided to forgo the blanket and settle for a breakfast of cinnamon rolls and fancy hot cocoa.














Stuck inside all day means stuck in my tiny closet apartment. Being stuck inside my tiny apartment means I get pretty stir crazy and cranky. Luckily though, the rain let up a little on Christmas Eve and Ross and I were able to go to a movie! The theater had a "two admissions for the price of one" deal so we decided why not?!

We went and saw Life of Pi, and I really liked it. Years before I started reading the book, but now I really want to finish it. The book is always better than the movie anyways right? I thought the movie was visually stunning and overall the theme was really interesting. Here is the trailer for the movie


After the movie Ross and I walked back to our apartment and I was happily surprised to be able to see a handful of houses that were decorated with lights! Growing up my mom and dad would drive us around the city and we look at the houses all decorated for the holiday season. My family always had our own decked out lawn and I miss that.

It is hard to capture the true joy it brought to my heart, but you can see from these pictures that the trunks of the palm trees had lights wrapped around them. They also had some musical device faintly playing Christmas carols.



















It was nice to get out of the house and I am grateful we didn't get rained on! We ended Christmas Eve with a fun Christmas Eve Picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment