Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Birthday Celebration

I definitely like to keep my birthday on the down low.
I rarely tell people about my birthday because long story short-I'm weird. If you care for a real explanation I can tell you with some references to phonies and Holden Caulfield.

I had a genuinely perfect birthday this year! Really probably the best yet. It is great to get older! But I decided 23 is a good age to stay. I guess I better make the most of the <365 days I now have, because 24 is inevitable. 














Here is my birthday stash! I have always had a hard time waiting to open presents! So when Ross encouraged me to open them ALL, I couldn't NOT open them all before he went to school! 
I was so incredibly spoiled this year. I got TONS of presents. And I just want to take a minute to give a public THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who spend time, effort, and/or money for the wonderful gifts I received. I feel so special and loved! :) 

The day started off with cake batter pancakes with sprinkles! Thanks Nicci for the sprinkles! Ross cooked them up and did the dishes. 


























Then I went ahead and opened presents. Aunt Carrie gave me a card and some money (yipee! I definitely looked forward to using it when I went home). My Grandma and Grandpa gave me a card, money, and some really cute pearl earrings. My grandma included a poem she wrote "Pearls of Wisdom." It was really sweet, plus pearls are my favorite.

















My parents, being the only ones who knew I was coming home, sent me a whole FREAKING BOX that arrived the week of my birthday. They are really thoughtful, my mom said, "Well, you needed something to open on your birthday!" Haha. I love those parents of mine. The box included a book for me to read on the plane. "Son" is by Lois Lowry and is the fourth installment of the series The Giver. I was so excited to start it because growing up that was my favorite series. Lowry started the whole Dystopian-society-book-writing before it was cool okay? Also, my parents pick out the cutest birthday cards. I always keep them up all year round. The pug in a pink shimmery boa was one of my favorites.

















Ross gave me a TON of presents. I am such a spoiled brat. He gave me a gorgeous necklace, a St. George's t-shirt, and .... LUSH. So much happiness in such a small bright yellow bag!

















Enough pictures of me sitting around with my presents. Ross left for school and I went with Patty to pick up somethings for the Recipe Swap which hardly any one showed up to. It was still great though and I ate *of course* a lot of food. I just really like food okay?
When Ross eventually came home from school we manuvered our way to the tidepools here in Lance aux Epines without getting too lost. The sun was going down fast, and we kind of missed the sunset, but it was still beautiful and fun to have a picnic. 













Since you can pretty much do whatever you want on your birthday. I decided to treat myself to a picnic in yoga pants! Oh, and did I mention dessert first?












Ross got creative and did a "2" "3" for 23! Despite his valiant efforts though, the wind was too strong... so I just pretended to blow them out. Haha. We had lasagna for dinner, which is a bit of a tradition. It was a great day!













My birthday also had a bunch of surprises from friends. The night before my birthday a couple friends organized a fondue dinner/snackage! It included fresh homemade french bread. And cheese fondue. Now I don't know if they knew but fresh bread + cheese = happy me. It seriously doesn't take much! And there was beef, granny smith apples (yes!), broccoli, and chicken nuggets to dip in the fondue. Did I mention I am ridiculously spoiled?!
Then the night of my birthday I was tricked again and a couple friends had made me an amazing oatmeal cake and sung happy birthday to me with some rather stumpy birthday candles. :) It was the perfect day and it felt like 7 days in one, it was so much constant fun.

Thanks again, to everyone who helped make my birthday fantastic! This next year is off to a great start!

2 comments:

  1. hehe. I hate my birthday too! I feel you. There is no need for explanation. It's OK. Nothing wrong with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete