Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Trip - 2012

More Blog cleaning. Exactly a year ago I was waking up freezing cold, snuggled in a huge fluffy bed in California.

November 2012

Lately I have been totally overwhelmed with how much I do not like my current situation. Knowing that I am in this for the long-haul, not being able to go home until May 2013, just added insult to injury. I was thinking a lot a lot a lot and eventually started seriously entertaining the idea of going home to see family and friends for a week or so to get a break, see family, celebrate a holiday, and enjoy some cold!

I thought Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to catch people off guard and surprise them, and it worked! It was fun to be able to surprise my family and friends.

Just a couple days ago I had video-chatted with my best friend Brigette on my birthday. Then -I showed up on her doorstep! Her son, my godson, Asher just started screaming and doing laps around the house, haha. It was great to be living so close to this family right before I left, but it made it hurt even worse when I did leave. I've only been gone three months and Asher is already saying whole sentences!

















We were checking each other's tongues for blue-tone progress. I had a blast hanging out with the Lucas family. Asher and I were playing in his room when Brigette comes in and he goes, "No momma! Go out!" I must be doing something right. :)

My grandparents probably had the best reaction. I am really close to my grandparents and when living in California I was at their house quite frequently. When I jumped out from behind my mom my grandma just sat there with her jaw dropped. My grandpa was sitting with his back turned to me, and seeing my grandma's face, he got up and turned around to see what was going on. By this point my grandma started screaming and my grandpa said something to the effect of "What are you doing here?" It was great to spend time with them that day as well as have our traditional Thanksgiving dinner with them! Here is a picture of me and my grandparents at my wedding.The coolest people I have ever met!























I have to admit that a good amount of time was spent shopping and cramming "supplies" into a suitcase to bring back to Grenada. But besides that I did get to see tons of family. This involved a trip to Utah. My Grandma Widdison hasn't been doing very well, and she just moved to a care facility. It was so good to see her but really hard to say goodbye at the end of the trip. She is such an incredible lady.

There is a surprising lack of photos from this trip -not sure what happened there.

Anyways, when I was in CA with my parents we were keeping it a surprise from my siblings. Eventually we couldn't hold it in anymore and I took a picture with my Dad at In-n-Out and he sent it out to everyone. I think most everyone thought it was an old picture or something. Haha. But eventually they were all pretty surprised. Seriously people, put "surprise someone" on your bucket list, it was awesome!

While some of my siblings were home from college we went to Venice beach. It was a little funny to me because I was at the beach but freezing cold. The Caribbean has definitely ruined me forever!

We took a little stroll down the Venice canals, which was really fun.
















I saw this house was for sale, so I will probably buy that for when Ross does his rotations in CA.





















Then we headed over to the beach. The great thing about Venice is, you don't know if that is smog, or marine layer, or idk, maybe The Chronic.





















There is this fantastic bakery that sells hot and fresh mini donuts. You can even watch them make 'em!
So we got some donuts and sodas and just hung out!

















Before or after (not during, I remember that much) we went to eat.

Me and my Trin Kyle! Duh. :)


















Just waiting in line at Tito's Tacos. Double duh. Couldn't call myself a Californian without it.

















The trip was an absolute blast. It was so nice to go home and relax and freeze and feel loved. Alas, all good things must come to an end. And back to Grenada I go!



Bye for now America!

1 comment:

  1. Bah.. Does it make you sad to think about this? It kind of makes me sad and I wasn't even there for the trip! haha. I hope this Thanksgiving will be memorable, too! <3

    ReplyDelete