Wednesday, November 14, 2012

QW #7


How appropriate!
"Start each day like it's your birthday!"

I remember when I was younger I was always SOOOO excited for my birthday. My dad's birthday is conveniently exactly six months before mine, so I always thought that was an appropriate time to commence the count down. Not every single day, but periodically, especially to get laughs and attention, I would notify others of the enormous amount of days that remained. 

And after my sister's birthday in October the countdown was REALLY on because that meant in my family, the next and final birthday of the year was MINE, all mine!

As November began I could feel it getting closer and it was the precious time when all of a sudden I could officially give my birthday list to mom!

My parents and relatives always threw great parties for me and my birthday was always a special day. The birthday kid could pick what dinner we wanted and even what kind of a cake we wanted! I usually chose lasagna for dinner and I either had Oreo cookies & cream dessert or pistachio inside out dream cake. And usually my mom or dad would bring treats for my class so everyone could know that it was MY birthday and for that day, I was invincible.

Over the years of my birthday being covered in papers, midterms, cold, snow, and college in general, my birthdays lost their luster. My family never failed to make them the best, including sometimes taking a special trip up to Utah to bring me presents and cheer me up last minute! I just guess birthdays aren't as much fun when you get older and have to plan them yourself.

BUT
I like this quote because I should start every day so excited to be alive and see what exciting adventures await me, thankful for another day to be alive! And, if I could start each day with cake batter pancakes with sprinkles (like I did today!) that wouldn't be so bad either.


No comments:

Post a Comment