Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SURPRISE!

I love surprises!

For example, I love getting presents mostly for the thrilling of not knowing what the heck is in that wrapped box/ gift bag. I just love the suspense. And for this reason it was hard for me to contain the best, most expensive, and biggest surprise I have come up with yet!

In mid-October Ross and I had talked about me going back the the U.S. for a trip. I had mentioned that I didn't want to go home for Christmas or next summer but for Thanksgiving (maybe I love Thanksgiving because of the food? Shut up Teo!). I had thrown out the idea but Ross was all for it, he told me to buy the ticket and go go go. :) He is awesome, because as it turns out I really needed it.

I have always wanted to surprise family around the holidays. You know like in all those movies when someone just shows up on the doorstep and everyone cries and hugs and its oh so dramatic? Yep. Like that. I found a great price on a ticket with a minimum amount of pain involved in layovers and airports. I had to let my parents in on it, but no one else had any idea! I was so excited.

So the day after my birthday I embarked with my suitcase stuffed suitcase to bring back some good stuff. I had a 7 hour layover in the Miami airport since I went through customs freakishly fast (of course when I have a 7 HOUR LAYOVER I get through quick). And I F-R-O-Z-E, I can't even remember the last time I felt so cold. I thought I was going to die, and  a lady sitting near me laughed at me when she asked if I was cold.

Lucky for me my momma had a sweatshirt waiting for me when I met them at the airport in L.A. It felt so good to be back in Southern California!

No comments:

Post a Comment