Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012 Part II

December 24th, 2012
Merry Christmas Eve!

Christmas is TOMORROW and although the Christmas season always seems to catch me off guard, this year Christmas snuck up so quickly. Here we are!

The Petersen family has a tradition of a "Christmas Eve Picnic." When Ross was little his mom would throw a blanket out on the floor and on her cutting board she would have a variety of cheeses, meats, and crackers. They would listen to Perry Como's reading of the First Christmas from Luke including various Christmas songs that tie in to the story. It was always one of Ross's favorite family traditions. 

Ross and I decided to go all out and have a Christmas Eve Picnic of our own- Grenada style. Which pretty much just means no summer sausage beef log. :( But, we still had a feast of a picnic!




















As you might be able to tell/guess, I was done taking pictures and ready to EAT.














I made a cheeseball, and it may have been the best choice I have made all month, to date. There will definitely be a long line of cheeseballs in future Christmas Eve picnics. This is the recipe I used, except obviously I didn't roll it in Doritos. 
Here is the complete feast!














Ross fell asleep pretty early. I guess he was just excited for Santa to come, because all good kids know that if you aren't asleep when Santa comes, he will just pass by. Luckily though, we hung up our stockings by our "fireplace" in time for Santa to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment