Friday, December 14, 2012

QW #10 Storms & Ships.. & Sun!

Quote Wednesday has officially turned into "Quote Whenever" as it has now entered the "double digits" club. So, here are a bunch of quotes about storms, ships, and the sun. 

This week was irritating, maybe because last week was so good?

Either way, it was a hundred little trip lines put in my path. A hundred little things that are summarized by, "Really?" But I didn't punch a wall, I didn't whine and complain to everyone I saw, and I didn't even scream into a pillow. :)

But I thought of a couple of my favorite quotes and did a lot of shoulder shrugging.

This quote has been a favorite since I read Utopia by Sir Thomas Moore.


"You would not abandon ship in a storm because you could not control the winds."
-Sir Thomas Moore-

I imagine a super dramatic scene from Pirates of the Caribbean or something. Like a raging storm with thunder and lightning all around, water slopping up onto the deck, stuff breaking and crashing... then some one simply jumping off. 

A whole ship, a whole crew, a whole life... abandoned.

Why? Because the storm passes, and whether it is a light Grenadian rainfall storm, or Pirates-of-the-Caribbeanesque, forever-long storm, the light will shine through.

http://daytobeyou.com/
"...Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we try to accentuate the positive. I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good..."
-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Sometimes I am guilty of seeking out storms, instead of sunlight. Because there is sunshine on the darkest days, if we look for it in the right places. Look for a friend, look for family, look for an inspirational quote, a funny picture, a happy song, your favorite scripture verse, hey, you could even scream into a pillow! :)

http://hollytherobinson.blogspot.com/
"We can't direct the wind but we can adjust the sails"
-Thomas S. Monson-
(Maybe good ship quotes come from Thomases?)


Sometimes I think the answer is to adjust my sails straight for the Los Angeles coast line, but I remember #1, its not a straight shot to the L.A. coastline, and #2: "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor."

http://daytobeyou.com/uncategorized/a-smooth-sea-never-made-a-skillful-sailor/
So stay on the ship, search for the sun, adjust your sails in the best possible direction towards your goal aannnnnnd:

REFUSE TO SINK!

And, no, I have plenty more sea related quotes, just in case you were wondering! ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kristen! I needed to read those today. You're blog is wicked awesome. Keep up the posting.

    ReplyDelete