Sunday, December 29, 2013

SGU Campus Tour, Tidepools, and Lookout Point

Sunday, December 29th 2014

Sunday we went to church. Our church building is right on the sea. The beautiful white sands of Grand Anse beach end and its a bit rocky, that is where we go to church. It's a pretty beautiful view from the back hallway. It was probably a good idea that the chapel windows don't over look the sea because it would be distracting.

I think Rissa took some pictures with her camera. Ross and I are just spoiled so we didn't even think to bring the camera.

After church we fulfilled our Sabbath Day responsibility. Napping. That's my daily duty, but the responsibility is extra hefty on Sunday. When we had relaxed a little we moseyed over to campus to show Rissa where Ross lives and I work.

http://www.moderndaygilligan.com/2009/02/st_georges_university.html
Campus is pretty beautiful on the outside (yeah, that was kinda rude). It's a perfect setting and the bright oranges and blues are very complimentary. There is a reason why the school's promotional brochures catch everyone.
























Featured in my lovely collage; Ross by his old locker, the bus stop, where I spend about a third of my life, me checking the mail (send me mail!), and the new paint job outside of Charter Hall.



Here we have the inside of a lecture hall where Ross typically spends 3 or 4 hours a day. The rest are pictures of the student center where they have a small (no TINY) convenience store, Subway, and some other places to eat including New York Bagles. Hopefully the people who make the signs aren't the same people who teach.

This is looking out from the student center, Charter Hall is on the left, Taylor Hall in the center-ish. A dorm there on the right.


























We wandered to upper campus to DES where I work.



Lots of pretty views (and people) around campus!

























A rare moment with Ross and I both on campus. 



It doesn't take long for a tour of campus, so after we headed to the tidepools in Lance aux Epines. Second to Grand Etang, I think this is Ross's favorite place in Grenada. It is always breezy out on the point with the tidepools.


























I love the cacti! It seems so random that you could see beautiful, tropical bougainvillea then turn around and see prickly cacti.

We hung out for a while but decided that for the sunset we would go to lookout point for a better view.


























Am I the only one who can't get over how beautiful my sister is? Lookout point is just a few minutes' drive from the tidepools. There is a lighthouse type thing. I always wonder what it's story is. It looks like someone is living/ squatting there now, but I wonder how it worked back in the day.



























It was a perfect Sunday nice and chill. Watching the sunset was absolutely phenomenal. I still just cannot get enough of Rissa being here. It's the simple things, like watching the sunset with her, that make me so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment