Monday, December 23, 2013

Ripe, Banana-Bread-Ready Banana Adventure

Friday (12/20) was a pretty full day. I finally got around to making banana bread. The whole process of banana bread is a bit of a chore for me. It's a love hate relationship. So I go to make the banana bread and I am half a cup short on the mashed bananas. But since it takes sooo much energy for me to make banana bread, and I was finally determined. I HAD TO MAKE IT. So I started brainstorming how I could obtain ripe, banana-bread-ready bananas.

I know, I know. #grenadaproblems. #carlessproblems. Any ol' person could just hop in a car, or maybe even possibly, easily walk to such a magical land where ripe, banana-bread-ready bananas are obtainable for purchase. Me, not so much. I decided to take a gamble and walk out to the "South Vendor's Market." That is a fancy way of saying, a dirt patch with some stalls, three of which are only irregularly open.

So I embarked on a ripe, banana-bread-ready banana adventure.

Yep, Cassie, you can bet I sang this song:


15 minutes later, bless my lucky stars, I found bananas.

Although the rest of the world was sleeping, people were movin' and groovin' here at the Tire Roundabout. Yes, that is it's name. On the right you can see the South Vendor's Market. 

I asked Ross to capture a picture of this cute little goat I saw. When I looked back at the picture... haha. Angel Goat! 

When I got back home I realized that I did not buy small bananas, but rock figs. Which meant, they were far from ripe and mashable. But I made do, even if the bread turned out with odd chewy lumps in it. :D Thanks to Famous Kelli's recipe, it's hard to mess stuff up very epically, even for me. 

After that adventure I got to work baking some Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies for my friend's Christmas Cookie Exchange Party. It was at the Grand Anse Campus Pavillion, which is right on the beach. It was fun to see everyone and stuff my face with cookies. Ross was getting anxious to swim, and I am pretty proud of the little fish he has become since knowing me. It's nice to see the California sneaking into him.

We ended the day with having our best friends, Tammy and Moe, over for some snow cones. Moe is also moving on to 5th term. It is so strange to have friends over to just hang out. 4th term officially killed all social gathering possibilities. It was tons of fun to just hang out relax, and enjoy the great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment