Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Joke of the Day

Sometimes, some days, Grenada just has jokes. Lovely little jokes that just make me laugh. Sometimes it's an insane laugh, maybe a disbelief laugh, maybe an "I give up" laugh, maybe an "I'll try again later" laugh.

This morning I got to campus early to print off some things for a documentary screening I am helping host tomorrow. I was incredibly optimistic hoping that the library might be open even a little before 8am so I could print before work. 

I got to the library to find some wonderful news! 

The print lab opens at 7:30am!! 


The bad news of course was that the library, which you must enter to get to the print lab on the second floor, doesn't open til 8am. 

*scratches head*



I tried the doors, maybe it was unlocked so you could go upstairs to said (supposedly) open print lab?

Nope.

Irritated

I poked around to see if I could see any slackers hiding in there with some keys, taunting me and my printing needs.

funny

It's cool, I've been the not-opening-the-freaking-doors-til-5-seconds-til-the-hour.

BUT OPEN THE FREAKING DOORS!

conan_spaz

So like a good girl who isn't mad dawging library employees, I waited patiently until 8am.

Are you done?

Once the library was opened I headed to the second floor computer lab to find the printers all out of order.

shaking head

I headed back down to the first floor printer that always put a fold on the corner of the page. And surprisingly printed several pages, until the printer kept jamming, about every other page.

There is a sign near the printer that says that you can't "tamper" with the printer. Which is a fancy way of saying that you can't open the printer and pull out the crinkled jammed piece of paper to resume printing. You have to have an employee yell at you (hello library voice?!), and wait for her to saunter over to the printer to do it herself all whilst giving you a look of disdain.

*Repeat until you give up*

I got most of the items printed, but ultimately gave up, because this meme doesn't exist for no reason.


All in all, I consider the trip a success!


Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. haha. I'm thankful that there's really no reason for me to print anything at SGU, haha. :) but.. I am sad for you! that you had to wait, and seriously how can the lab be open at 7:30 but then not have access to get there? makes so much sense..

    ReplyDelete