Thursday, November 14, 2013

QW #16 Live

In case you haven't noticed, Blogger has been getting on my nerves lately. My patience has been incredibly short as of late so I grounded myself from the blog until I feel ready to completely re-write some posts that didn't save.

Anyways. I decided that instead of talking about interesting happenings in my life, I will just ramble.

http://www.pinkchocolatebreak.com/2013/08/12/magic-monday-let-go-of-what-doesnt-serve-you/?lang=en


We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

I talked before about this quote. Which in a way is similar. But for some reason when I saw this quote I was really drawn to it.

So... here I am sittin' in Grenada while Ross goes to medical school, watching as my life wastes away. And let me tell you, 10, 5, 3, not even 1 year ago, this was not the life that I planned for myself.

When I moved to Grenada over a year ago I left so much of me behind. Both tangible things, as well as ... less-tangible things. I sometimes joke about the things that exists in my "real life" the more stable, planned life that I left behind, willingly let go of. It's my real life that involves nice springform pans and cute comforters that match the shower curtain. It involves a grandmother's rocker carefully packed in storage. It involves color-coordinated kitchen things. It includes tubs full of the cutest shoes and bags full of warm winter sweaters.

And I left it all behind.

More than that, I packed up my plans. The nice neat plans that many girls tend to make before they decide to help someone else achieve their dream first.

But had I never (not even temporarily) let go of my perfect little plans, I would not have moved to Grenada to live the life that was waiting for me. The life that frustrates me, the life that makes all my hair fall out.The life that drives me nuts, the life that makes me plug my nose. The life that opens my eyes to all sorts of new beauty, the life that makes me pass out from heat exhaustion. The life that helps me relax.

The life that continually makes me cry, and teaches me the most important lessons in life.

Live for the future. Because there is a future. And it is a future filled with hope. 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better, girl. Except my kitchen things aren't colour coordinated. :) I kind of like it eclectic though, I suppose. :) I think that in less that one month we will really be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I just can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete