Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sunrise at the Tidepools

I can't find the exact quote, so if anyone knows correct me, but I believe Joseph B. Wirthlin was quoted to say something to the effect of,

Those who do not see the sun rise miss half their life.

I love that! Poor sunrises are always neglected because people hate mornings, sunsets get all the credit.

To help give the sunrise some credit, Ross and I ventured out this morning to find it! Yes, we woke up quite early so we could take our hour-ish (a little less since we had to hurry) walk. We thought a good spot would be the tidepools here in Lance aux Epines where we live.














Still dark out! We got there just in time and soon you could see the light coming up over the horizon.

























Ross and I took a bunch of pictures. You can't just wake up that early without proof!

























You can feel like you were there, and do considerably less work!

























And then the sky blew up! I love how you can see a tiny bit of the sun.











It rose higher and higher...

You can tell I am happy because I have on my best crooked smile, with one squinty eye. Ryan knows how that goes right Ry? :) 

 I had a hard time picking my favorites, but here are a few more from the morning.

This gives you a glimpse into how hilly Grenada is! I like how well you can see the depth here.

This is is kind of like I Spy. Can you find the moon and "lighthouse?"

I say "lighthouse" because I don't actually know if it was a functioning lighthouse, but it sure looks like it. This picture is for you momma, you are the lighthouse professional so you can be the judge.

I love you Mom! (thanks for reading my blog!)

It was a really fun morning and a cool experience. I would definitely do it again! But next time I would plan ahead and maybe bring some donuts or something. Haha. Of course. 

























Ross has squinty eyes so he must be happy! :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures! You have inspired me...I want to go to the tide pools at sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Ryan was shocked to see you 2 out that early in the morning. :) You inspire me too!

    ReplyDelete