Friday, March 29, 2013

Quote Whenever, or Whatever

Hey there, gettin' back on the bloggin wagon after my month-long sabbatical or something like that.

Things here have been pretty stagnant. But not necessarily boring. I was looking for some cutesy quotes for my "Quote Whenevers" but realized that I didn't much feel like talking about any particular one in depth. But don't worry, here you go.


"Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf."

I get this quote and I think a big part of life is simply choosing your battles. But that's not what I am getting at here.

If feelings are much like waves, the past month has been much like me just sitting on the sand watching them roll in and out. 

To keep up some terrible comparisons, my life sometimes feels like I've been walking in the sand and I look back and don't see any footprints (no, this is not some segue into that Christian "Footprints in the Sand" poem). I just mean that although I can measure how far I have walked, I don't see a lasting impression. 

Now before you run and get the tissues and Ben & Jerry's because I have depressed you, I have been making some footprints lately (and if you want you can still run and get some Ben & Jerry's)! 

It takes a considerable amount of effort but I have been getting out and trying to do more volunteer stuff etc. 

Since I am a nerd and it is probably pretty boring to the average citizen, i'll spare you all the details of my future in the Foreign Service, Peace Corps summer camp, meetings with embassy employees and the like. 

But you can look for some "catch-up" posts about what I have been up to the past month or so! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment