Monday, February 25, 2013

The Little Things

Positive Post #5

You know what makes me happy?

The little things.

I am a simple person (maybe simplistic, maybe just simple). I smile at the little things. Here is an example.


















My little good-smelling-wax-melter thing. Yes, that is the technical name for it.

First I got these.














Then I got the warmer device, THEN I got the tea lights. So it was a little out of order, but when all was said and done, it is a simple thing that brings a smile to my face.

Let little things make you smile, but don't base joy in little things.

Because things fail you. Things break. Remember my joy at getting a crockpot for Christmas? Ross was also excited.



Remember how this happened about a week or so later?



Crockpot met it's fate on a deathly date with the tile floor.

Not only the crockpot, but my hopes and dreams were shattered. And I bawled my eyes out like a child who dropped their ice cream cone. Only more pathetic.

I had a good friend once tell me (shortly after I had ruined something and become frustrated), "Kristen, they are just things!" How right he was.

Don't depend on things for joy, because surely they will not give you that. But let small things help you smile.

Look around for something small that makes you smile. Maybe it is a scarf that your mom gave you, an e-mail from your dad. Maybe you see the nail polish your best friend let you borrow, or a Halloween costume your brother helped you make. Maybe the aroma of your good-smelling-wax-melter thing.

Let something small turn your day, and frown, around! :)

4 comments:

  1. It is really great to read your amazing blog. What a great range of heart-shaped food!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I'm your father (even though this posts as from Cindy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary "Garwig" WiddisonMarch 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

    I suggest that we should do a Science Olympiad tournament in Grenada.

    ReplyDelete