Wednesday, February 20, 2013

QW # 12 Being Happy is Productive

The other day I had some one ask me quite incredulously, with an edge of disdain,

"So... what do you DO all day."

It's no secret that I don't have much to do, but I would like to think I do more than twiddle my thumbs and wait for my husband to come home.

But what is the deeper issue here?

Why do we never give ourselves credit for the things we accomplish?

What did I do today? Would it satisfy you if all I did today was to be/stay happy? Is that good enough for you?

Because I believe that it is. I believe that:

http://feelingabitartsy.tumblr.com/post/12317911787

"Being happy is productive"

I believe that in the world we live in today, it can be hard to be happy. I believe that it takes work. What if every day we focused more on being happy than running errands and losing weight and catching up on the latest gossip and making money?

It's not an either or, but I am saying that if the only thing you did today was work to be happy -you had a productive day!

The other meaning I find in this quote is that when you are happy, you have a greater capacity to be productive. I think of some of my laziest days where nothing was accomplished. Associated with them was a great feeling of sadness. The reason I got nothing done was because I was not happy, I was mopey.

The subject of happiness has been weighing very heavily on my mind in the past couple of weeks. So this post is kicking off a series of positive posts. These "Positive Posts" will include happy quotes, thoughts, cartoons etc.

Stay tuned and be ready to smile and be uplifted!

No comments:

Post a Comment