Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

Another week has flown by and I am sitting, wondering what to blog about.
This week was Chinese New Year, Mardi Gras, Ash Wednesday, and Valentine's Day.

I've always wanted to make a King Cake, but due to my overwhelmingly short supply of plastic nakey babies to put in a King Cake, I didn't get to it this year.

For Chinese New Year I celebrated with fried rice and won tons.






















They turned out great and it tasted a lot like New Year's Eve or Superbowl... because that is commonly when my family would gather 'round and make won tons.

Ross and I have never been huge Valentine's date crazies. I guess it's the hipster in us that deep down thinks it is a bit silly. This year we ate at a fancy Italian restaurant.

*cough* My kitchen *cough*

Haha. If we have one, our Valentine's tradition is to eat a fancier meal at home. This year I made homemade ravioli, heart shaped of course.

















Our fancy table for two, complete with candles and plastic goblets.

















And for dessert we had mock mini cannolis. I say mock because the shells are just baked pie crust things. Nevertheless, they were incredible!

















Dinner was truly once in a lifetime! ... because I seriously doubt I will ever spend all that time rolling out homemade pasta again. Haha. Unless, I got this $200 pasta roller attachment for my kitchen aid. Ya know, never too early to start planning for future Valentine's gifts.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA, RIGHT?! When I get home I told Moe I want the $400.00 one and that it will totally be worth it to make my own pasta all I want! It would make it so freakishly easy!

    Everyone loves those canoli cups!:) I made them for Christmas last year, well, the year before.. you know 2011. haha. :)

    How did you stuff your ravioli? It looks great with those breadsticks- you made? I'm impressed, girl!

    ReplyDelete