Saturday, February 9, 2013

Workboat Regatta

Last weekend Ross and I ventured to Grand Anse beach to check out the annual Workboat Regatta.

It started out as an absolutely gorgeous day. I got a ride with some friends and we headed to IGA, the grocery store, to get some snacks for the beach. The boys were ready for the beach and therefore had no shirts on. Well, the security guard didn't much like that.

The ever inventive Patty came up with a plan. Maybe it is a mom thing? She grabbed a grocery bag, poked a hole for the head and some holes for the arms and viola! Instant shirt. The security guard was absolutely satisfied with this solution and gave her a re-affirming thumbs up. Haha!

The other boys got a little jealous and wanted one too. They continued wearing their new "shirts" after we were all done at the grocery store.

















Some sailboats on the horizon, looking towards downtown Saint George's.

























Here is a boat pulling ashore.

















Boats all lined up.






















I love all the colors! And the bright blue sky.


































Boats boats boats!

























Unfortunately it didn't stay sunny all day, a storm rolled in but the races continued! Here is the beginning of another race, all the boats are pushing off.

























The menacing sky.



































I love the sail of this boat.


































It was so nice to see Ross on a Saturday! We relaxed and munched on snacks and tried to stay dry.


1 comment:

  1. Aww! I love it! The photos are great- and the IGA t-shirts are also great. That's awesome. Patty is pretty great to come up with this kind of idea. It's totally a mom thing! :) haha.

    And, I'm SO HAPPY to have you as my friend in real life too! I'm excited that you'll get to meet my mom! :) She's a great mom! :) I love her so much and I'm really excited to see her and spend time with her here! I think she'll have a blast too! :) I know she'll just love you, the way that I do, too!

    ReplyDelete