Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week Wrap Up #2

This week was somehow a long week, and yet all too short.

It was my first full week visiting my parents in CA, but by the time Sunday came around, I realized I only had a few days left.

Nevertheless, here is the Week Wrap Up


#1 Mom sent Ali and I to the store to get Prince Synge his cat food. Apparently my parents don't run a tight ship any more and now P. Synge is getting a little snobby & grabby for this specific meaty bits kind of cat food. So here is Ali, specific label in hand, so we can match it. Do we look like males shopping for tampons?! Get with it Synge.

#2 My dad makes the world's best chocolate chips cookies. Store these things in the fridge, and they taste better than any kind of Mall Cookie I ever begged my parents (usually unsuccessfully) for.

#3 Entitled, "Grow Baby Hairs Grow!!" I am so thrilled that all that hair that fell out in the Grenada Years is finally growing back. Now it just looks like I have stylish side bangs.

#4 In that same deserted parking lot as Irene's and Bingo, DO NOT PARK HERE. Because the whole plaza is pretty much deserted, but they still don't want you to park there. Also, writing "God Bless You" and throwing a Christian fish on there makes it more acceptable/ reasonable.

#5 Just meaningless video chat with Ross during a study break. Thought I would rub that one in your face, in an unfeigned obnoxious way.

#6 Shoe Bin! I love coming home because home is where all my junk is. That day's gold mine was finding my huge bin of shoes. Used shoes, new shoes, slippers, sneakers, heels, boots, flats. Just like the thrift stores I shop at but 1) they all fit and 2) only my stank has been in them!


#7 The good news: I can now be THE Barefoot Contessa. The bad news: I didn't buy it.



#8 My mom spotted this little flower buddy. You can see the little tuft of him in the cracks of the crosswalk, then a close up on the right. What a resilient little guy.


#9 I'm still afraid of this little terror.



#10 My favorite time of day in Palmdale is sunset. I love the silhouettes of the joshua trees. I love the mountains in the distance. I love the simplicity of the lines, and the colors on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment