Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 6: So Long Kentucky!

Airports are funny places.

Funny like, often emotional roller coasters. Leaving can be fantastic. Leaving can be depressing. Arriving can give you a sense of dread, or a rush of adrenaline. It's just one of those things in life.

But back up a little. In my search for local food fare, Kyle mentioned the one thing he could think of (sans bourbon) was Ale-8-One, a soft drink. I promised us that we had to get one before I left. Turned out to mean the morning I left! But that's alright, I thought it was pretty good. It took me a minute to get used to it but, it was paired well with some krusty gas-station Krispy Kremes. #departuredepression



I gave my Trin a hug good-bye and tried not to cry. But as I am writing this and looking at this picture, I can't handle that we are no longer together. :'(


I got to the airport acidentally too early, I'm greedy for every minute I could've spent with my brother. :/ To top it off the plane was super super late. Like I've mentioned though, I'm a total airport wizard now, so it wasn't a worry at all.

Rainbow made it through security like a champ, if I may add.


In all my waiting I was on the hunt for the perfect horse souvenir to commemorate my time in horse country. Couldn't quite find it, but I found some runner-ups.


Also, the Louisville airport is small and really cute. I thought these Kentucky Derby jockey jerseys were pretty fun. They hung by each terminal. 


Perhaps the smallest commercial jet ever, three seats across total.


I had a stop in the Chicago airport on the way back, that was cool. On the way to Chicago:


Chicago is really topping my list of next cities to visit. Especially since I have gotten to hear my best friend Brigette tell me all about her family's trip earlier this year. All this Cubs stuff made me miss my lil Asher. 

I arrived safely back in Utah and got some pretty awesome aerial shots. 


I really love looking out the window of the airplane. I wish I had a map with me that would show the plane's location as we fly over cities and landmarks. At one point the captain said that we were flying over the Grand Tetons. I think that must have been the middle picture.


It's always a funny feeling, flying back from vacation. Always a little bit of sadness that sets in and lingers once it is all over. 

Rainbow never has jet-lag when she travels in comfort
I had an absolutely amazing trip and it was beyond fantastic to see Kyle, Ryan, and Jen again. 
So, until next time...!


No comments:

Post a Comment