Saturday, June 7, 2014

Donut Falls

Saturday started off great because I woke up at my sister's. The night before, she went online and scoped a hike out for us. So we got ready and headed out and up Little Cottonwood Canyon.


It was a beautiful drive. These great big green mountains never get old (until they are covered in snow -then I can do without them). The hike was called Donut Falls.


It was nicely marked and a family friendly trail. It was a bit crowded, which is still something I have a hard time getting used to coming from lil old Grenada.

On the hike you walk along the river and cross it too.



 And being at a higher altitude, I even saw a couple snow patches.


The hike ends at the Donut waterfall.


Rissa was telling me that it is called Donut Falls because it is a bit of a geological wonder. You can see in the second picture a closer view of the "donut" in the rock. The water flows into the rock, disappears, then pops back out the other side instead if flowing down and over the surface of the rock. Pretty cool. 



It was such a beautiful day we took a moment along the river bank on the way back.


After the hike we went to Lone Star Taqueria. I guess Rissa and I were on a Latino food blitz. That and I feel the need to prove (if for none other than myself) that there are decent Mexican food places in Utah. 


The food was great. They have homemade tamales, and delicious fish (& shrimp) tacos. 

But I had to take one point off just because they don't have horchata. ;)



1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail,the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles. We have a website which will help you about How to Sell a Car Quickly in 7 Simple Steps

    ReplyDelete