Friday, June 20, 2014

Nickelcade Shennanigans

My fun week in Vernal is finally, sadly, drawing to a close. But I couldn't let the day slip by so we did what we could to end the week long visit with a bang.
Friday morning we stopped by Lip Smackin' D's, again. And everything was still amazing. Including the world's largest soft pretzel with amazing nacho cheese. This is only half of it, I split it with Kelli.
 
 
Also, Kelli had wanted to stop at this roadside jerky stand we passed coming to Vernal. She said that it changes location, so it wasn't a sure thing it would be there, but we kept out eyes peeled. Luckily it was, and I hate to sound like a wimp but I'm kinda glad Larry was there with us.
 
When we pulled up the owner came out of his home?/ RV and talked to us as we made out selection. I snuck of photo of this dude and I was holding my phone at about waist level. Please note where his eyes are settled.
 
 
I guess it's a little difficult to tell in this photo but let me give you a clue, they are a little too high to be looking at my phone, and a little to low to be looking at my face.
 
I bought some buffalo jerky and then we were on our way.
 
 
Kelli had scoped out a Nickelcade for us to check out and although I was pretty skeptical, it was really fun! We had a goal to get enough tickets for friendship rings. You know, in true fourth grade girl fashion.
 
 
We learned an important lesson that day: Kelli needs Whack-A-Mole in her life. It's her new therapist. She visited a couple times, and felt very relaxed at the end of the experience.

Kelli and I were pleasantly surprised to see that, after our tickets were cashed in, our friendship rings were about a third of the price we originally anticipated!! But then that left us with a bunch of leftover tickets and we were really grasping at straws to find things we wanted. Haha.
 
 
After the Nickelcade we killed some time at Crate & Barrel, and Larry surprised Kelli (and me too!) with some LUSH products. Smart man. Very, very smart man.
 
Then we were able to steal Ross away from studying in time to have delicious dinner before Kelli and Larry had to head back. I've only ever eaten at Cheesecake factory once before. That was compliments of my friend Brigette and I was so excited about the cheescake I shared an appetizer then used the rest of the gift card for cheescakes.
 
 The food was absolutely amazing. No wonder it is on about a hundred "What Not to Order (because its so fattening)" lists world wide. We all got different dishes and they were all amazing.
 
I'm sad to say goodbye to Kelli and Larry. I can only hope I will see them again this summer
but in the meantime I will cushion this blow on a lovely pile of left-over cheescake.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment