Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week Wrap up #5: Vernal Adventures & More

This week I spent in the lovely, tiny city of Vernal, UT. My best friend Kelli always tends to live in the most desolate and out of the way places in Utah. But nothing could stop me from seeing her. Lucky for me she drove all the way out here just to pick me up. That's friendship. Driving 6+ hours in one day. 

Before we left for vernal we picked up some clothes for her husband and found some rather interesting finds whilst in the store.


Later we ate at a sketchy little cafe with notsogreat food because, I don't know, Kelli and I tend to get ourselves into sketchy situations. But before long we headed out to Vernal to begin our week.

There are not a lot of things to do in Vernal but it didn't matter because I had a blast hanging out with Kelli and laughing so hard my abs hurt. It is always great to have friends where you can just pick back up with no matter how long it has been. 

One of the funny moments o the week was our grave disappointment with this "Mini melts" machine at Walmart. For some delusional reason we thought it would be a little more exciting than just some suction hose grabbing a container out of a cooler.


Thursday - and please don't ask me why it took so long, we finally made it to this little food place called Lip Smackin' D's. Their newest menu item is funnel cake fries! Yes, they were amazing. They have smoothies and snow cones and cotton candy and pretty much any kind of food that graces the Candyland board of my dreams. A main attraction are the mini donuts. We ordered a few different kinds. Pictured below are key lime pie donuts, and samoas donuts.


Kelli has the most adorable dogs. I hate to play favorites, but Loki is pretty cute. He looks like a little feral wolf dog and has little leopard spots too. When he gets tired his ears get droopy. I love that he choose me to be his cuddle buddy!


No time is complete with Kelli without some tea time! Oh delicious sleepy bed time tea time. Mmm.


It was an absolutely fantastic time in Vernal. I thought coming back on a Friday night would just about wrap up my week, but I was oh so wrong. Carnies, ballgames, my sister coming back from Africa!, and it wouldn't be complete without....


My sister is a big soccer fan. She legitimately follows soccer throughout the year so the World Cup is a big deal for her. We made some pizza and watch the fame projected on her wall.

Have I mentioned lately that I love being close to family and friends? 

No comments:

Post a Comment