Sunday, June 29, 2014

Kentucky Trip Day 5: Heading Back

Sunday was a little bit of a bummer, not only because Ky and I knew we had to head back, but the gloom of me departing the next day, and facing possible traffic (PTSD) was a bit depressing. Jen made us a delicious lunch too boot! Goodbyes are never fun, but we said them and embarked on the return journey to Kentucky.


My pillow pet Rainbow (as crowned by Ryan) helped us navigate. 

I think maybe this is the Mississippi? Too lazy to look at a map and (obviously) too lazy to straighten and crop this pic.


Boredom sets in quick and you start playing with the panorama function on your phone. Not half-bad if I didn't get cock-blocked by that guard rail. 


Hanging out with Kyle must bring out the comic-fiend in me because the first thing I thought of when I saw all these buses in a row? 


The JOKER.


Yeah. And an appropriate non sequitur would be my inability to ever get over billboards like these.


Have I mentioned, "Hello Bible Belt?"

Also, I am not ashamed to confess that we stopped at Zaxby's on the way back. 


It was a long drive back but it was fun to hang out with my best Trin on our mini road trip. The longer I stay the more I never want to leave. Family is too good to be true. 



No comments:

Post a Comment