Friday, June 27, 2014

Kentucky Day 4: Tennessee Road Trip -Nashville-

Since obviously Kyle and I couldn't find enough to do in Kentucky (jokes). We decided to take a road trip to Mississippi via Tennessee.

It was a pretty chill morning and we got going before too long. My east coast/ southern culinary adventures continued and I tried Dunkin' Donuts for the first time. Pretty good.


























I always enjoy the sights at truck stops, specifically. But I was a little bummed that I couldn't afford a huge Rice Krispy, I found no humor in this shirt, and had no need for a truckers chapel. Boo.


When I found out that the national National Corvette museum was right here in Kentucky, I decided I better stop to take some pictures for the 'vette fan Ross. Kyle was happy to let me make a pit stop. Us being us, we didn't pay to go in, but that didn't stop us from taking a few pictures and popping in the gift shop. 



From there it was straight through 'til Nashville.


We were pretty hungry by this point, so directed by some pointers from Ryan and Jen, we decided to check out Pancake Pantry. The line went out the door and around the block.


It was intimidating at first but remembering my roots, I knew that lines out the door usually means it's worth the wait. About 40 minutes later we were seated. 


I got pancakes that had a lemon apricot compote, and let me just tell you, it was the second best breakfast (Dad's is always #1 of course!) I have ever had in my entire life. If I lived here in Nashville I'd probably eat there every meal. It was that amazing. But then again, it's not like Nashville has a shortage of amazing places to eat. 

After lunch we walked around the Parthenon. Not in Greece, but Nashville of course. 


Flash thought it was pretty cool.





It was a pretty day, but also pretty hot and humid. We jumped back in the car and navigated to downtown Nashville to walk around a little. 

I still can't get enough of the buildings over here. Love the Batman skyscraper.


One of the first things I noticed about Nashville. #1 fan of America!!


It was fun to walk around and see all the country everywhere! So many boots and bars and Elvis lovers. 


But my favorite part was Savannah's Candy Kitchen. You could smell the fresh candy being made from outside the shop. Kyle and I were offered a piece of homemade  praline and in the hustle and bustle of patrons we almost missed our opportunity. But we took a bite, then looked at each other, and had the same "OH. MY. GOSH." look on our face. Needless to say, I bought some. We will see if they last. 



Before too long (aka before we ran out of change to feed the meter) we hit to road, Memphis bound.  Ryan and Jen or BUST!


1 comment:

  1. So many sights in music city ... have to take another road trip

    ReplyDelete