Sunday, June 8, 2014

Week Wrap Up #3: California and Back Again, a Kristen's Tale

This week has brought me back to the good ol' 801... I mean 385? I finally got hooked up with a phone and consequently learned that Utah's new area code is 385 because they ran out if 801 numbers. It still blows my mind that the state only had two area codes to begin with.

#1 Now I'm officially a smartphone user. It's pretty weird, because for the past two years I haven't had a phone at all and before that I was still T9'in it up. But it is a welcome change and now I feel all grown up, who knows maybe I'll even get a job. Look at that, I get a smartphone and now I'm feelin all invincible. 


Unlike a week ago, this week has felt really short. I don't have photographic proof of much but it was a great week.

I got to hang out more with my bestie Asher. He is getting to be a crazy little kid and I always have so much fun hanging out with him. He does get pretty protective of me though, and yells at me when I try to talk to my Original Bestie Brigette. I was also surprised to get to hang out with Aaron. He works like crazy so it was good to see him. It is so great to have amazing friends that take such good care of me and understand me so well.

On Thursday I flew to Utah, it wasn't fun to say goodbye to the family, but I had a fantastic trip. After someone kinda forgot me at the airport was running late, and picked me up from the airport, we went to check out the progress on the Petersen's home they are building. This is the first time since I saw it just a weedy dirt lot last summer so it was pretty crazy to see it all coming together.


#2 Friday and Saturday I previously blogged about hanging out with my sister. But that post isn't complete until I mention about eating at Red Iguana. Oh yes.

I'm having lots of fun adventures, and I just wanted to clue everyone in on his whereabouts. #3 Here ya go. Studying. With shooting muffs over ear buds to block out anyone who might make a sound to distract him.
Yep.



#4 I don't know how else to say this, so I am just going to come out and say it, I have a Peeps problem. I know, These things are only supposed to be disdainfully consumed at Easter. But now with flavors like Strawberry Creme and Birthday Cake, I'm not left with many other options. Yes it is shameful. Yes, I can't stop.

#5 Today I went on a little walk. Grenada has done this thing to me where I can't stand to sit still, if I am inside. I need fresh air on my skin. So I went for a walk, in the middle of June, in jeans. Still trying to get used to this Utah weather I guess. But I am proud to say I only brought the sweatshirt, didn't wear it. 

#6 Sunday night Ross and I played a game called Forbidden Island with his brother and sister-in law. It was pretty fun, it is one of those games where you work together to reach the goal, in this case, save the relics or something before the whole island falls into the water/ oblivon. Yeah. The stakes are pretty high.

There we go, one more week down of this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment