Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Step Studying Stinks but ... CUPCKAES!

Ross spends close to 12-hour days studying. He wakes up, does some exercise maybe, then starts studying at about 7:30am. He takes an hour for lunch and sometimes an hour for dinner and finishes up around 7:30pm. His days depend on what he is doing, sometimes they are shorter, sometimes longer. Typically I've been seeing him less than when he was going to class and studying.

I remember just a few short months ago how everyone was so excited that when 5th term was over, and we left Grenada, "You'll finally have your husband back."

Ha!

image

It's time to celebrate! You finished Term 5!



I love being back in America, and being close to family and friends, but to a certain degree I still feel trapped. Thankfully, just not as alone.

One great thing about summers in Utah is that the sun doesn't set til after 9:00 pm. Sometimes after Ross is done studying I pull him out into the world of the living.



Tonight we set out to find a comic shop here in Pleasant Grove. Ross knew a super secret way. Climbing through shrubs taller than my head, and walking over 2x4 decrepit planks, we made our way.


When we reached the itty bitty Pleasant Grove Main Street, we discovered that not only is it itty-bitty but it's majorly run down. Okay, not majorly, we aren't talking about Central Palmdale here. But you could tell it had seen better days and is now more or less a ghost town.


Rexall "Drugs" ... what kind?





















The bad news is, the comic shop is no longer there. The semi-consoling/ good news is I was able to get a Dr. Pepper with fun flavors at the nearby gas station.


Next to the ex-location of the comic shop was a cupcake place. Ross and I decided we might as well check it out because, hey... cupcakes right?

Alisha's Cupcakes boasts winning Cupcake Wars, which honestly, I take with a grain of salt because who hasn't won these days right? Well, I can take that grain of salt to the bank because this cupcake is amazing!


And since I insta'd my cuppy I got a free cake bite too. That was the heartiest cake bit I have ever eaten. Wow.



As you can see, it took some digging in to. Ross headed back taking a moment to check out some cute little duckies in the pond.


If there is one thing I have learned in the past few years, it's that I'll take what happy little moments I can. Tomorrow morning is back to Step studying but for a few happy hours I almost forgot about it all.







No comments:

Post a Comment