Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week Wrap Up #4: Just Hangin Around

Here I am back blogging like I do. I've been back in Utah for a week and I already have the itch to get going. Today I head out to Vernal with my friend Kelli.

Looking back on this week I can't recall anything too fantastic. Pretty normal, stranded with no car and no money.

#1 Since being back in the States I love just walking around in stores. Any stores, even grocery stores. I just wander down the aisles in amazement. I saw my brother post a picture to Instagram about some magic called ...... Dr. Pepper. I'm not a big soda drinker, but I do love my Dr. Pepper. I decided I needed to find this magic right away. And find I did. Thank you very much Maceys. I have to admit, it's pretty good.



#2 I found these beauts on a {separate} trip to the store and I want to let it be known that it is perfectly acceptable to buy these for my birthday this year.

#3 My brother's birthday is this week and I decided to make him a superhero ice cream cake with a city skyline. I bought some fancy cake decorating tools and made a batch of the Pinterest famed marshmallow fondant. It turned out fantastic. Tastes way better than normal fondant and was easy to do. I learned an important lesson today. Or rather, something to add to my mother's list of "Sometimes the Extra Money is Worth It" list: Expensive food coloring/ gel. I thought for sure my hands would be stained after squishing, molding, folding, and kneading the black dyed fondant, but to my absolute glee, it washed right off. Miracle of miracles!


#4 Thursday evening I saw the most beautiful moon. I think I saw an article about it that gave this particular moon a special name. Of course the picture does not do it justice. It was so large and I could see the texture on the surface of the golden glowing moon.

#5 This week brought a couple gloomy and rainy days, which made me a little melancholy. But I was able to catch up on some crocheting and Community so it wasn't too bad.
#6 After watching the X-Men: Days of Future Past on Monday I asked Teo if I could borrow his X-Men movie collection. Friday I finally got around to a mini movie marathon. Yes, it was as perfect as it appears.


#7 I had a bad day this week. Just the feeling of a caged bird and I'm getting sick of life being Grenada Pt. II. But at least I was able to acknowledge my bad mood and move on.

#8 Friday night I finally got to hang out with my awesome nieces. I've been out of town when they were here before. It blows my mind how much older they are, turns out the world kept turning while I was in Grenada. :/ 


I had a ton of fun hanging out with her, talking, singing to Katy Perry, doing nails, and playing at the park with the family.



#9 My beautiful, kind little niece has taken to decorating this tortured doll with nail polish, duct tape, and sharpies.


Seeing my creeped out response only motivated her to "decorate" it more. She'll sit in her room perfecting the doll's latest look, then come out, wave it in my face and say in the creepiest little kid voice ever, "My name's Chuckie, wanna play?" I think I need to talk to this girl's parents...

Late Saturday night Ross and I returned to see this creeeepy doll glowing in the dim light. Pretty much the scariest thing of my life. What a way to end your week. Thanks kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment