Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kentucky Day 1: Rainstorms and Rainbow

I left the apartment at "O'dark thirty" this morning. Catching an early flight to the other side of the U.S. This is a crazy experience for me because I have never been east of... West Yellowstone.

I had some pretty long delays getting here. Re-affirming that American Airlines totally sucks and that I actually didn't even mind. Airports are my second home, gate changes are my new exercise, and people watching is an art.



This is me saying, "Gate change on the other side of the airport after delays? No prob."


My favorite view of Utah -leaving it. Just kidding, who can resist a gorgeous picture like this?


People who are so cool they just write in the answers in the American Way magazine. Way to go, and you didn't even finish.


In my limited flying, I have decided that the Dallas airport is my favorite. I don't know how, but I always score a super comfy leather seat in the airport travel lounge, where I can comfortably fall asleep to CNN and charge my devices at the same time. Score. Flash is my travel buddy. He helps me find the right gate and deal with grabby passengers.


From Dallas I flew into Louisville, Kentucky. I looked out the window as we were preparing to land and holy GREEN what is that color?! I'll give you this Grenada, you taught me what green is. Don't mind that I have since forgotten because as soon as I laid my eyes on that beautiful Indiana landscape, I remembered. 

When I stepped off the plane I could barely contain myself. I was grinning from ear to ear at the very thought of seeing my brother. MY trin. It was so amazing to wrap my arms around him give him a big little-sister hug. 


After we got home and situated we went to check out this bargain store called Ollie's. Creepy uncle Ollie that looks like a little too much like Albert Einstein. 


It was a pretty fun experience. Lots of Paula Dean and Duck Dynasty. And I mean LOTS of Duck Dynasty. The best part was finding a pillow pet unicorn. I happen to have wanted one for many years now. Never finding the right price or size. But when I saw her, the only pillow pet in the whole store, misplaced among the home goods. I knew the time was right. Right NOW.

There was a downpour that late evening and it was pretty magnificent, with thunder and lightning and heightened greenery. I have a good feeling about this place!

Look how happy we are, soaking wet and everything. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment