Thursday, July 3, 2014

Family for the Fourth! Silver Lake

Let me help you keep this all straight.

I flew in from Kentucky and Friends Monday. Then my parents came into town for the Fourth of July a couple days later. Family family family. I love it. It is so different from Grenada. I love being so close to family now I'm back in the U.S.

Widdi family shenanigans began with a stop in Provo to pick up the littlest Widdi.


Return to my old stompin' grounds of Glenwood -Provo, UT.
I have no clue why this photo uploaded so it looks like we have some soft-focus angelic filter. But I will take all the help I can get.

Then food- of course.


We checked out this new-ish and super hispter burrito place. Because I continue to stand by the fact that no respectable burrito exists in Provo, probably just out of pride. 

Cassie took us to her work, where she helps give llamas MRIs or something. I don't know, I just couldn't get past the llama part. Then we checked out the amazing and gorgeous NEW life sciences building.


The finishing touches are going up but still... wow! It is a beautiful building and it will be nice to have updated, top of the line stuff instead of those eerie, filthy aquariums 5 stories below ground in the Widstoe Building that preceded this one. Not even kidding, those things are what nightmares are made of.  

Later that evening we picked up the eldest Widdi who had to work (boo responsible people). 



And she had the wonderful idea to head up Big Cottonwood Canyon to a place called Silver Lake.


It was beautiful!



We packed a picnic and although I wasn't prepared for how chilly it was (dang you Grenada bones!), the mountain air was still pretty refreshing).

Look at these two little lovebirds!


I almost forgot! We also saw a moose. Couldn't get a good picture but it was pretty cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment