Monday, July 7, 2014

Family for the Fourth! PizzaPIZZA

I know, I know, my family is STILL here. And I couldn't be more pleased. We had a ton of fun over the weekend. And although some of us were back to business as usual come Monday, some of us are unemployed and/or on vacation. Monday we met the business as usual sister to go to lunch while she had some time.


My mom is a "Triple D" fan so we try to find some where ever we are. When mom suggested one to Rissa for lunch, Rissa knew exactly where it was. 

Maxwell's East Coast Eatery:


The pizza was thin crust and really good! After lunch, those of us that remained found our way to a very large used bookstore just up the street. Some of my finds included:
          -Large Ogden Sesquintenial blanket (picture taken for Ross of course)
          -A VHS copy of the Singles Ward. The only thing more appalling than seeing this around was the fact that someone wanted almost $10 for it. 
          -An instructional guide on how to "pick a family flick." I was hesitant about this buy but when I saw the chapter on "How di I get my kids to watch black-and-white movies?" I knew this book was for me (and the fam of course!). 
          -A book that was possible owned by Later-day Saint prophet George Albert Smith. This is particularly funny because many of the books were signed by prophets. I love the honestly in the ownership uncertainty of this book. Willing to risk it for $50?


The bookshop featured many different sections, mostly labeled. So when my dad and I had lost a little interest we decided to goof around with this sign.


Close to the bookstore was a very random (who am I to say that though) store offering "distinctive gifts from Scotland." And, being rather proud of our Scottish heritage, we wanted to check it out. Including the many Scottish hats they offered. 


Next stop, Happy Valley! Looking happy with some shakes from good ol' Sammy's.


The day wasn't done yet. We ventured to cooler climes and checked out the views at Sundance resort. It had been quite a long time since I had been up that way, particularly in the summer (you know, when it is actually bearable -brr!). 


We had a nice peaceful walk around. Everything was so lovely and quiet. 


I learned that the reason why it was called Sundance, was because of the way the Sun danced on the mountains in the late afternoon. It was lovely.  I took a little video of the little creek to help me when I feel stressed out. 


It was a nice way to wrap up my parent's trip. It was hard to see them go (it always is). But weird to think that in a month, who knows, I could be living down there.



No comments:

Post a Comment