Wednesday, July 30, 2014

FroYo Date

In a rare moment in my blog's short history I am writing a post right after it happens, AND without a picture(s).  

I just got done hanging out with my friend Kenna, and I would like to take a minute to talk about how amazing she is. Four years ago I met Kenna in my internship in El Salvador. She is one of those people you are instantly drawn to because of their positive energy and contagious smile. I didn't know if I could ever be friends with someone as fantastic as her but luckily it worked out. And even more than that, in the coming weeks and even months she got me through some of the toughest trials I've ever experienced (so dramatic but very true). 

The last time I hung out with Kenna was before she left on her LDS mission back in the spring/summer of 2011. It's been over 3 years. But picking up on a random evening at a frozen yogurt place in Plesant Grove could not be easier! 

I have lows in my life (okay like just this afternoon) where I break down (like in the cookie aisle of Maceys) and think that things could not be going more terrible. But I have these moments, like talking to Kenna, where I know that simply isn't true. Life is okay. And those shining sun rays that burst through the storm clouds are people like Kenna. She laughs with me, and commiserates with me. She understands me. She makes me want to be a better person, more positive, more helpful, more hopeful.

Kenna people are so important to have in your life. It's a bit of a selfish relationship because I always feel I get more than I give but I'm so grateful she continues to be in my life, to make time for me, and to anchor me and remind me to never lose hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment