Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week Wrap Up #10

Life has been a little crazy lately. There is a lot going on and I can't believe that in a few short weeks Ross will be starting school again, but this time at a real deal hospital. Hopefully we will have an apartment in a safe neighborhood that we can actually afford. Hopefully I won't have sold too many vital organs to finance our move and deposit. 

In the meantime, Ross and I still afford time to dream. This outdoor set is going on the blog so that someday I can have something like this. 


But I can't complain, Ross and I bought a mattress set. I wanted to cry tears of joy. Yay we won't have to sleep on our mattress topper! We got a great deal and it is a nice mattress. 

This picture may be one of my favorites this week.


You may be able to get a disposable camera for only $8.69, but no guarantees you will be able to find a place to develop the film. Brings back good memories of begging my mom to get me a disposable camera for summer camps. She compromised by letting me share one with my brother. Haha. 

The next two pictures are just pretties. My bestie Teo told me about this place. It is just up the street from where I'm living so I knew it was a must. The donuts were really fresh! Daylight Donuts is a fun little donut shack. You can't really see, but on the side of the building there is a large display of pez dispensers. Which is pretty much all pez are good for- epically large window displays. 



 It was weird to be up that early but Ross and I had a ton of packing and rearranging to do. Looking back on the week (like so many weeks this summer), it seems like a month. Last week at this time I was up in Ogden, before we had even begun our anniversary trip (when I took a picture of this beautiful sunflower).


Now I find myself back here in Utah Valley, thinking about this next week more than the week that has passed. At the beginning of the summer we thought that we would be well on our way to California by now. And now we find ourselves dragging our feet, albeit filled with anxiety. 

It feels like holding onto a good dream. Trying to remember it and live it before it is ripped away. 

Speaking of a good dream being ripped away, I am already dreading the end of this amazing gelato.


I discovered from my friend Kelli while I was in Vernal and now I am hopelessly hooked.

Speaking of hopeless, I am still sick and it is really starting to get on my nerves. I don't know if there is an operation for new sinuses, but mine are sucking pretty bad and I would like new ones. As a result, I have to sleep with this humidifier up in my face. I never thought I would (have) to see the day when I'd be creating an environment like a hot sweaty room. More proof Grenada has ruined me. 


But maybe that is just because I have bad luck. What employee in good conscious can hand out a smashed fortune cookie? Nothing fortunate about that at all. 








No comments:

Post a Comment