Monday, July 21, 2014

Honeymoon 2: Brigham City

You may have heard me refer to my honeymoon as "The Honeymoon from Hell." I will never deny that. It was wretched. And since it began I knew there would need to be a re-do. How or when were the big questions. Honeymoon 2 is the answer. 

Since we have less money than when we were originally married, and considerably less Target gift cards, I knew this trip would be a challenge. But I remembered that as we celebrate 3 years, we continue to appreciate simple times with one another. 


On day one we headed north to where Ross's parents hooked us up with a condo from their timeshare. We stopped at Pettingill's farm for some peaches. I love peaches perhaps more than life. My top foods are probably 1.) Pizza, 2.) Peaches. I am always missing peach season in Utah though. The very season that endeared me to peaches in the first place (I grew up thinking peaches were gross). No peaches just yet, but we got some other goodies, including these little fruit logs. The apple one was good! 

We stopped in Brigham City for some frisbee golf, a favorite of Ross's. 


Ross is pretty good. I mean, check out that stance! I am no good, but I have fun.


Sometimes disc golf requires retrieving lost discs. 

We were pretty tired and hungry afterwards so we went to Peach City drive-in. One of my favorites, and by favorites I mean I tried it once and loved it. They have really good shakes. 


We walked around picturesque Main Street. They have some cute mom and pop shops that are Etsy in real life. I got some homemade soaps because duh.



Main street also includes the fabled Idle Isle Chocolate shop. I have never been here, so I was anxious to dispel or support this myth. Stay tuned!


Later that night we grilled up some steaks and had some friends over. It was so much fun. I'm starting to get a little doom and gloom about leaving Utah. Ross has so many friends up here, and I stole them all when we got married, so now we have so many friends up here. I love being able to just hang out and go for a walk, or play a game, and be myself. It's a welcome change from the Grenada crowd. It is going to be terribly hard to leave all our friends behind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment