Friday, May 2, 2014

Smoothies for Dinner

It is hot. 


Holly Hannah Montana, it is hotter than two cats dancing on a hot dutch oven (right dad?). I step outside and I am exhausted. I take two steps and I feel like I am going to faint. Last week I rode the bus and as the rushing wind was coming through the window, sweat was just trickling down my temples, my hair was a sticky sweaty mess. DOES NO ONE ELSE ON THIS BUS FEEL THE SAME?

Anyways, I feel as a result of the recent uptick in temperatures I have somewhat lost my appetite. Usually I cannot stop eating food, so this is very strange for me. When it came time for dinner not only was I feeling incredibly lazy, but I also wasn't very hungry.

Enter: Smoothies for dinner!

In a valiant effort to clear out the freezer and pantry, I lined up the possibilities. 


Ross tends to be the mix master, and whipped up some options.




I have to ask. Does anyone else HATE that disgusting end of the banana that is always chalky and gross? Ross calls it the ban-anus. I don't eat no bananuses.


I'm not usually a huge fan tropical fruits, but one fruit I have discovered and become obsessed with is soursop. Through extensive research I found that I can find this wonder in the U.S. God bless the melting pot of America!

It is a pretty weird looking fruit.


Here they sell it in these magnificent smoothie-ready packets. Ross tends to add stuff anyways, but it is brilliant. I am a bit disappointed I have only discovered these packets now.



So for tonight it was soursop smoothies. Drinking up every ounce of our last moments in Grenada, in a non-alcoholic sense. 



No comments:

Post a Comment