Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Have I mentioned that I am having a great time hanging out with my folks?

Today was Memorial Day. Usually it is a pretty depressing holiday that makes my liberal come out something fierce. I am in constant amazement not only at those who serve our country, but moreover the families that sacrifice as well. I get greedy about my time with Ross, I can't imagine just not having him around for months on end. Wow.

Like so many American "holidays" my family celebrated it right by stuffing our faces from breakfast to dinner.
Dad made red, white and blue Belgium freedom waffles = strawberries, ice cream & whipped cream, and blueberries. I missed U.S.A. fruit oh so much. For dinner we had a classic BBQ. Dad made tri-tip and ribs. I can't ever stay home for long because I get way too spoiled with amazing food.


Synge got super grabby and since he now thinks he is the family dog, he took the opportunity to chow down on some leftovers. What an animal.



Lucky for me my parents had the day off. We took the time to get some plants and flowers to plant in the garden.


I love that the jalapeno is called "Mucho Nacho," count me in.  Now the only problem is finding a time in Palmdale when it isn't 100+ degrees so we can plant them!

Later that night dad made us ice cream on the beautiful and majestic patio.


Homemade strawberry ice cream was the perfect end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment