Thursday, May 22, 2014

Surprise! Happy Birthday Momma

A couple months ago I decided I wanted to surprise my mom for her birthday! I missed my dad's birthday a couple weeks ago, and Mother's Day, so really is was about time.

The flight from SLC to Long Beach is just a hop, skip, and jump. My dad picked me up at the airport and lucky for me, my grandparents were at the house too. My mom was happy to see me, and I think was satisfied that she finally figured out "why your father was acting so weird the past couple of days." Moms, nothing gets past them.

We all went out to a movie at this super primo movie theater.



The seats are in pairs so I got one all to myself. It was pretty much the best way to watch a movie ever Too bad the movie was super weird.

Afterwards we went to this deli across the street. So. Much. Food. Good thing we all like leftovers.



Next we went to this new-ish cake place that mom had scoped out before.



Hooray for trying new places.



Here is the birthday girl with her cupcakes.


I love birthdays and the opportunity it gives us to feel so grateful that we have amazing people in our life. I am grateful for my mom and what a wonderful human being she is. She is smart, funny, and very creative. I love that she always likes to try new things. As I grow up I love to see how I am becoming like her, and how I hope to be more like her. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!




No comments:

Post a Comment