Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Kwid's Kulinary Adventures Kontinue

I talk about food a lot. Good food is my happy place.

Shortly before my arrival to the U.S. I found out that a wonderful Palmdale-local restaurant was going out of business. Saddened, I knew I would need to ask my parents to take me here one last time.


They have been in business almost as long as I have been alive... 23 years! You can see in the upper left corner that they have gotten the City's Best award for many years.

We ordered some drinks and an appetizer to share.


As you can see, the drinks came in mason jars about as big as my head. We got a root beer float to share and I got a strawberry lemonade, to share as well incidentally. They were amazing. I love when you can see the strawberries just swimmin' around in your lemonade. The appetizer, as you can surmise, was just a bunch of fried American glory.

Between that and the side salads, I honestly don't know why they bothered to bring out the entrees.



Like a true American at risk of high cholesterol, heart failure, high blood pressure, and diabetes, I got the country fried steak. Since I don't drink and I don't smoke, this is my foodie version of YOLO.
Only thing was, it was a huge portion. I went ahead and included my hand so you could see the sheer size of that portion.


Ever played those "What's Different between these Pictures" game. Go ahead and play it now.

SPOILER ALERT: The only difference is about 4 bites and some fries are missing from the picture on the right.

It was a great night, and will continue to be great for how ever many meals I have leftovers.


It was sad to say goodbye. Lots of fun family memories and celebrations were had here. I remember being mortified for how over-dressed I was when I went here for a pre-Daddy Daughter Dance date. Just so happened to find a photo lying around the house a couple days before.



I'll have to save a higher-quality photo for a #tbt. In case you can't figure it out, I'm on the left with my grandpa and my sister Ali is on the right with my dad.

Bye Steer 'n Stein, you will be missed.







No comments:

Post a Comment