Thursday, May 29, 2014

Take Your Daughter to Work Day

My dad has a pretty cool job. Not really to him, probably, but it is always fun to go with him to one of his various work sites while I am home visiting. I somehow missed the day he was out on the Marine Science Floating Lab, but snuck in the car with him today.

This is my, "going to the mountains!" outfit/ face.


My love for California is deep-rooted in pride. I agree that the mountains of (for example) Utah are amazing. They are beautiful and green and awe-inspiring. But I can't drive along Angeles Crest Highway, in all of it's dried & burned glory, and not smile. They may not be the most beautiful mountains but they are my mountains.

Dad treated me to the World's Best Beef Jerky. And this isn't your "World's Best Coffee" shop in New York. This beef jerky really is amazing.


Greenspot in Mentone y'all. The sweet and spicy brisket, and turkey teriyaki are my favorites.

We reached the Outdoor Science School, Blue Sky Meadow, before long. Ah! The fresh (cold!) mountain air. I'm just like my dad, I love the mountains.


It was a beautiful day. I always love coming up here. I just wanted to lay in the middle of the meadow and stare at the clouds. 


But eventually we made our way back down the mountain, stopping a a local fruit stand where I scored some peaches 99 cents a pound. I always get excited for peaches but then just get let down because they aren't Utah peaches, which are the best peaches in the whole world, I think.


Also, why do fruit stands always have to sell beef jerky and every flavor of licorice straws? Like, is it in some contract they all have to sign? On our way home we drove past the area where, if all goes well, I will be living come August, kind of cool. :) That evening we went out to Irene's Burger's Cafe, which I blogged about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment