Tuesday, May 20, 2014

America!

I have a lot of blog catching up to do, but this being the start of my 2nd full day back in the good ol' U.S. of A, I thought I might as well blog about the present!

Yesterday, my first full day back, was fairly uneventful. Ross hasn't started studying for the Step yet, so we just hung out and ran errands with Ross's brother, Mark.

It's a weird feeling being back in that, it doesn't feel too weird. I joked at the airport, "It's just like riding a bike!" It doesn't feel bizarre, it feels normal. That is, normal and cold. The air is so dry and cold. Everyone keeps making fun of me because I am always over dressed.

As part of my uneventful day Ross and I took a walk to a local Family Dollar. They have them all over here in Utah, but I have never been in one. As you might imagine, it is a little bit like a Walgreens and a Big Lots. The store location was closing, so everything in the store was marked down.

I am a bit of a wanderer. I like pointlessly walking or browsing. Ross and I browsed for a little bit and picked up some things we needed, and didn't needed.


One thing I have been looking forward to is how inexpensive groceries are in the U.S. Not only could I probably not find some of this stuff in Grenada, but if I could it would be pretty expensive. I got all of this stuff for less than $25 bucks! I was so excited. Obviously so excited I felt the need to take a family portrait of it all together.

Ahh capitalism!



No comments:

Post a Comment