Thursday, May 15, 2014

Half Way There

It is DONE! Finally official, Ross has completed and passed his first two years of medical school. As his classmates were joking, "We have the "M" of the "M.D." The Basic Science (classroom) years of now a thing of the past. 

I had this plan to meet Ross outside the lecture hall after his last final, but as always I was running late. So instead he found me up at the Office saying a final tearful goodbye to my co-workers. After that awful experience was over we headed down to the 5th Term/ 3rd Year party. SGU rewards the students with beer for purchase.

In front of Taylor Hall, you can see the tent and crowd of people over to the right
Ross and I opted for alternate beverages, but joined the party with big smiles and sighs of relief.



I have never seen a happier group of people in my ENTIRE LIFE. I took pictures with some of Ross's classmates that adopted me even though I'm not in school. Carolyn on the left, Ida on the right.


You could feel the tension from the students just rise up and evaporate into the hot humid air.

Our friend Ethan took some photos of us and I love how happy Ross and I look!



Seriously, just check us out!


Ross with our friend Ryan.


Bye campus! See you again -never!!


Somehow we got recruited to take a picture with some of Ross's classmates. We weren't planning on it though, so we arrived unprepared. I felt bad about it, but I think they were all just excited to be done. No one cared that Ross was in a t-shirt and flip flops.

Lizzy took the photos and thanks to her talent they turned out great!



Best of all, we got a private photo shoot.


Thanks a thousand Lizzy! You are so awesome to share, they turned out great despite our unpreparedness.


These Petersens won't be "Beyond the Sea" for long!



No comments:

Post a Comment